If you have recently updated your HTC EVO 4G to a stock 4.24 OTA based ROM and are missing the advanced reboot options, XDA-Developers forum member ca1ne has come up with a sweet little mod that would give you those much needed options back. However if you’re thinking you can get this up and running on a completely stock, non rooted, non deodexed firmware, you cannot.
The Mod requires a ROM that is not only based on the 4.24 update, but is deodexed with Busybox installed as well. So that leaves you running a custom ROM on your EVO 4G. The Mod gives you four reboot options, namely:
- Normal reboot.
- Hot Restart.
According to the developer,
“Please check with your ROM’s developer to see if he/she has made any modifications to the android.policy.jar … if they haven’t or you are using the standard DeOdexed rom from Haus or Rom Manager you should be good to flash.”
You can see what the mod looks like below, courtesy of ca1ne.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- HTC EVO 4G running an deodexed ROM based on 4.24 OTA.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- 4 in 1 Reboot Mod.
- To begin, download the mod and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Boot into recovery mode and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe cache and then wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and chose the mod copied to the SD card.
- Let the mod flash, and when it’s done, simple reboot your device.
That’s it! You’re good to go with the new reboot options, go ahead and try them out. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.