If you’re an Android fanatic, you must have come across various mods that enable Landscape view for applications that normally do not support that view. However, who would’ve thought we’d have the Dialpad available to us in the landscape view on the Samsung Galaxy S II? You can thank XDA-Developers forum member eitama for this awesome mod! More on the mod and how to get it on your device after the break.
Did we mention that the mod even allows the call screen to be viewed in landscape mode? The mod is simply a modified version of the original Phone.apk file found in the Galaxy S II and has to be pushed to the phone via ADB. You can see a screenshot below, courtesy of the developer, to see how it looks.
Though personally we don’t understand the need for this on a phone, heck, it looks cool. So let’s get this mod on your phone.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S II. See our guide on how to root the Galaxy S II.
- XKEW2 ROM installed.
- Busybox installed.
- ADB installed on your system. See our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Modified Phone.apk | Original Phone.apk.
- To begin, download the files from the link above and copy the modified phone.apk file to the root of your SD card.
- Now enter the following commands in command prompt:
adb shell busybox mount -o remount,rw /system rm /system/app/Phone.odex cp /sdcard/Phone.apk /system/app/Phone.apk sync
- Now simply reboot your phone and the mod should be working for you.
Incase you want to move back to the original state, just replace the modified files with the original ones provided.