HTC Sensation is a brilliant phone and looks great with HTC Sense UI. However the homescreen navigation bar isn’t crafted very well and you can see it jagged with zero transparency. There are some fixes available to make the Navigation bar image transparent but most of them leave the jaggedness on bar borders intact. Senior XDA member, Binarybulge, has managed to fix the problem altogether. He has tinkered with some stock themes by successfully replacing badly designed Navigation bar with a sleek, symmetrical and semi-transparent one.
Here is a comparison or results :
Before modified Bluesky theme was implemented:
You can very well see the navigation borders neatly ironed out after modified theme was implemented.
Here is the step by step guide to achieve this:
- The first step is to download the themes of your choice’s APK
from here(link broken; visit the XDA thread link given below where you can find several alternative mods posted by users) and save it on your computer.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer and copy the downloaded APK to SD Card / SD Ext root (i.e. not in any sub-folder).
- After this download any free file manager from Market like Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer etc.
- Now install the downloaded APK through the file manager.
- Once done, launch built-in Skin chooser and implement the modified theme your installed.
- And after you’ve installed the theme, you will be able able to see the all new, neat and transparent navigation bar on your phone.
These modified themes can only be implemented on Sense 3.0 devices like HTC Sensation and EVO 3D. In case you need more information or want to say thanks to the developer, then head to official XDA theme thread here.