Custom recovery for a rooted Android device should not be an option, but at times, the procedure involved puts off most users who try and do without a recovery installed. The Optimus 3D is not exactly a new phone on the market, but certainly one of the most popular Android devices out there. For that said device, recovery installation never really came easy, or if it did, you never got the option of 3 recoveries in one package. Yup, thanks to the efforts of XDA-Developers forum member Paki0402 the device gets a recovery toolkit containing the option to flash ClockworkMod recovery, ClockworkdMod Touch recovery and if things get really out of control, the stock LG recovery. Read on for more on how you can use this app for your Optimus 3D.
If you have no idea what custom recoveries can do for you, click here to see our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to use it.
So if you wish to proceed with flashing a recovery on your Optimus 3D, let’s get on with some flashing!
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your device gets bricked or damaged in any other way due to this method.
- A rooted Optimus 3D. Click here to see how to root the Optimus 3D.
- ADB Installed. Click here to see our guide on what is ADB and how to install it.
- Optimus 3D Recovery Toolkit.
- To begin, download the recovery toolkit from the link above and extract the contents.
- Connect the device to your PC and make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Run the toolkit, and you’ll be faced with 3 options; to flash the stock recovery, ClockworkMod recovery or the ClockworkMod Touch recovery.
- Simply hit the recovery you want to install and let the tool work its magic.
For updates and queries, related to this tool, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.