in case you had earlier rooted your Dell Streak and were waiting for a custom Android 2.2 Froyo ROM, then your wait is over. Stephen Hyde from Modaco forums has posted Android 2.2 Froyo ROM for Dell streak that you can flash on your tablet. The method seems to be pretty simple and straightforward for folks who already know rooting and Custom ROM process inside out. It looks like as if this Android 2.2 Froyo custom ROM for Dell Streak is based on official Froyo leak couple of weeks back.
Before embarking on this installation guide for Froyo on Dell Streak, please note that this release is still buggy with
– No APN inclusion
– Boot loop Issue
– Default data Turn Off [ Can be re-enabled from settings]
- The first step is to root your Dell Streak on Android 2.1 Eclair. You can use Universal Androot App to root your tablet.
- Now install Clockwork recovery if you haven’t already after the root.
- Once this is done, download the update.zip file from here and save it on your desktop.
- Now boot your Dell Streak into recovery by holding volume Up/Down button along with Power button.
- Once you are in recovery mode, go to .pkg option and wait for clockwork to load.
- Once this is done, navigate to Select Zip from SD Card and flash it.
- Wait for the flashing/installation to get complete and reboot your device.
There you go! You now have Android 2.2 Froyo on your Dell Streak. Please note that we didn’t test this method ourselves so you can consult Modaco forum thread here to look for support and help.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips will not be responsible in case you brick or incur any other damage to your device following this guide.