ClockworkMod 5 has been ported to the Ideos X6! This comes in from XDA-Developers Napstar with instructions on how to get this recovery up and running on your Ideos X6. Features such as Backup, restore, install from zip, ADB recovery support and mounting SD card as USB storage device from the recovery, are all functioning fine. So far no official ClockworkMod recovery has been released for the Ideos X6, but ports like these are keeping devices like the Ideos X6, alive and kicking.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
If you already have an earlier version of ClockworkMod recovery installed, skip to the Install via ClockworkMod recovery part under Instructions.
- A rooted Ideos X6. See our guide on rooting the X6.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. (For flashing via zip file.)
- CWM recovery 5.
Install via USB cable
- Extract recovery.img from CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip.
- Power off your phone and reboot into download mode. (Hold Volume Up and Power button to enter Download mode.)
- Connect the device to PC via USB and wait till a USB Storage device appears on your PC.
- Copy the recovery.img file, browse to the /image folder in the storage device and replace the existing recovery.img file with the one downloaded.
- Safely remove the USB storage device, unplug from the PC and reboot your phone.
Reboot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the Volume up, Volume down and the Power button.
Install via CWM recovery
- To begin, download the zip file and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the zip file.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.