Droid X is undoubtedly one of the best android phones produced until now. Recently the internal utility and software patches for this device were ripped of by developers at XDA Forum, allowing any Android 2.1 Elair phone owner to install them. Droid X onscreen multi-touch keyboard is a must-get if you are an Android phone user.
Here are the step by step instructions on how to install Droid X multi touch keyboard onto your Android 2.1 Eclair powered phone.
- The first step is to download Droid X keyboard’s .apk file and place it on your desktop.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card.
- Copy the downloaded keyboard’s .apk file to the root of your SD card and un-mount.
- After this, install the .apk file using Linda File Manager or Apps Installer. You can get both these Android utility apps from market by running a keyword search.
- In your Apps installer manager [whatever you chose to go with], follow the onscreen instructions and install the apk file.
- Once installed, Go to Settings> Language & Keyboard and select the Droid X keyboard in Text Settings.
- Now open up your messaging app, and press the text input field. You will get a option box to select the preferred keyboard; Select “Droid X keyboard”.
Now you have the Droid X keyboard on your Android phone. Enjoy! And do tell us if this method worked for you or not.
Download Droid X Multi-Touch Keyboard