Finally there is some great news for iPhone 3GS with New Bootrom owners who were looking to jailbreak their phones and install the latest iOS 4. Previously we posted a step by step guide on jailbreaking iOS 4 iPhone 3GS with new bootrom but it was a bit too complicated for regular users. ih8sn0w has released a new version of Sn0wbreeze that allows users to jailbreak their iPhone 3Gs with new Bootrom following some simple steps.
Here is the step by step guide on jailbreaking your iPhone 3GS with new Bootrom using Sn0wbreeze V1.7.
- The first step is to make sure that your iPhone 3GS has a New Bootrom and is running OS 3.1.2. In case you have already upgraded to iOS 4, you will need the saved SHSH Blobs from Os 3.1.2.
- Once you are on OS 3.1.2, jailbreak your iPhone 3GS New Bootrom using Blackra1n. [ Detailed instructions on downgrading iPhone 3GS iOS 4 to OS 3.1.2 are posted here].
- Now download Sn0wbreeze V1.7 and iOS 4 for iPhone 3GS.
- Once the downloads are complete, launch Sn0wbreeze V1.7 and press “OK” on Disclaimer and go to the next Screen.
- On this screen, select “Expert Mode” and press the blue button to go to the next display screen.
- Now click “Browse” and point to the iOS 4 ipsw for iPhone 3GS you just downloaded.
- Now wait for ipsw file processing to finish and click “I Understand!” button on the notice screen.
- After this you will end up on a screen which will have multiple options tabs. Select “General” tab and click Next.
- Now you can select whether you want to activate your iPhone, change boot logo, install Cydia etc.
- After making your desired selections, click on “Build IPSW” followed by “Next”.
- Now wait for Sn0wbreeze V1.7 to build a custom IPSW for your iPhone 3GS. After this process is complete, you will have a custom iOS 4 IPSW file.
- You can now restore this custom iOS 4 ipsw file on your iPhone 3GS using iTunes. And There you Go! You now have jailbroken iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS.
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device following this process.