SuperOneClick root that we have previously featured for several Android devices in our rooting guide now supports Motorola Milestone XT720 running Android 2.2.1 FroYo which isn’t supported by our previously featured Universal Androot. If you own a Motorola Milestone running Android 2.2.1 FroYo and have yet to root it, read on for detailed instructions.
While Universal Androot is still amongst the easiest ways to root a lot of Android phones including Motorola Milestone, it will not work if your Milestone is running Android 2.2.1 FroYo as it supports Android versions only upto 2.2 FroYo. Fortunately, SuperOneClick does support rooting Motorola Milestone running 2.2.1 FroYo and that’s what we will be using in this guide.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Rooting your phone will void its warranty. Furthermore, AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
To root your phone:
- If you don’t already have the Motorola Windows drivers installed, download them from the link given below and install them on your computer.
- Download SuperOneClick from the link given below and unzip it to your computer.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone from Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and connect it to your computer via USB.
- When prompted to set the USB mode, select ‘Portal & Tools’ which is also called ‘PC Mode’. Make sure NOT to mount the USB card.
- Launch SuperOneClick from your computer and click ‘Root’. Wait till the processes finishes and you’re done! It’s that easy.
Download Motorola Windows Drivers