Hulu, the online video service, managed to gain massive popularity due to its ease of access and loads of free streaming content. In case you have an HTC Inspire 4G and were looking to stream Hulu videos on your phone, some good news awaits you. Senior XDA member, metaldool, has managed to find a workaround that allows all Inspire 4G users to watch Hulu from the comfort of their phones, provided they have root access. The script that enables Hulu video streaming on the Inspire 4G, was originally created by compuw22c, XDA developer, and libflashplayer.so file was tinkered by metaldood to achieve the desired results. Hit the jump to read more and enable this feature on your HTC Inspire 4G.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have permanent root on your device.
- Once done, go to Android Market on your phone and download latest Flash player. Don’t allow Flash player to auto-update as this fix requires a particular version.
- After this, update your phone with latest version of BusyBox available in Market.
- Now, download the script ZIP file, connect your phone to the computer, and save it to your phone’s SD Card root.
- Reboot your phone in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- In CWM Recovery, Wipe Dalvik Cache using recovery options.
- After Dalvik Cache wipe is complete, use install Zip from SD Card option in recovery to install the script ZIP file you earlier copied to SD card.
- After the flashing/installation is complete, reboot your phone.
- Once your phone reboots, tap to launch any browsing application on your phone and see if Hulu videos stream.
And there you go! You are now free to watch as many Hulu videos as you desire. In case this method didn’t work for you or you need hands-on developer support, then head to the XDA thread for the mod.