It wasn’t long ago when the LG G2X began receiving the official MIUI support, and of course being officially supported meant the latest updates for the device as they come by for MIUI ROMs. MIUI 1.8.5 is the latest version released for a handful of Android devices, including the LG G2X. Those of you wondering what MIUI ROMs are, should see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android.
Based on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, the latest MIUI ROM brings quite a few changes from the earlier version. You can check those changes out in the
official changelog at MIUI Android (no longer available). The English translation pack has not been upped as yet, but hopefully it should be up soon as the ROM has already been released. So if you’re coming from a previous version of MIUI you’re quite possibly familiar with how to install this new version on your phone. No need to wipe or anything, just flash it via ClockworkMod recovery. New to all this? No need to freak out, we’ll take you through the steps on getting the latest instance of this MIUI ROM on your G2X.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted LG G2X. See our guide on rooting the LG G2X
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the LG G2X
MIUI 1.8.5 ROM(this version no longer available but the method works with any version of MIUI)
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
Keep visiting the MIUI Android site to keep an eye out for the translation pack.