The first Ice Cream Sandwich based AOSP ROM for the Nexus S has surfaced. ICS based ROMs were limited to being SDK ports till the source code was released. Only about two days into the release, the ROM is still a work in progress and has its share of bugs. However, it is suitable as a daily driver for Android fans who want an early taste of the Ice Cream Sandwich.
So far things like, Wi-FI, 3G, 2D/3D HW acceleration, Audio, Camera, GPS, Face Unlock, Wi-Fi (patch needed), Bluetooth, Tethering, USB, Data usage statistics are working just fine. However, Camcorder seems to be broken for now.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nexus S. See our guide on rooting the Nexus S.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Install via ROM Manager from the Market.
- ICS Build v2.
- To begin, download the ROMthe link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by holding down the Volume down key as your press the Power button.
- Make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory resest, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM you copied to your device.
- Once the ROM is flashed, simply reboot your device and cross your fingers!
For updates and queries, related to this ROM, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.