From team t3hh4xx0r, comes the OMFGB 1.3 Nightly ROMs for the HTC Droid Incredible 2. The OMFGB ROM is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread and comes for a few other HTC devices as well. Why is this special to the Incredible 2? Because the Incredible 2 was only recently rooted and if you’d like to try some AOSP ROMs other then the CM7 or MIUI, OMFGB is the way to go. The ROM will be updated almost every other day, hence termed as Nightlies. Follow @OMFBOT on Twitter for up to date information on all builds.
The ROM has the following features to offer at the moment:
- Configurable Power Widgets (CM).
- Three choices of lockscreen mods – Standard Tab, Rotary, and Honeycomb concept.
- Reboot menu including recovery and bootloader options (CM).
- Lockscreen shortcuts for Phone and Messaging apps.
- 2 choices in battery display type – stock or percentage.
- Volume wake and menu unlock (CM).
- Configurable overscroll effect (CM).
- Screen off and on animations (CM).
- Volume button music controls (CM).
- Lockscreen music controls.
- Configurable launcher screen settings.
- Workspace looping in launcher.
- Scrollable widgets support in launcher.
- Landscape mode available in launcher.
- DSP Manager (CM).
- God Mode Settings app to control all this craziness.
- T-Mobile Theme Chooser (T-Mobile).
- Addons app for customizing your OMFGB build even more.
- Nightlies in the God Mode app to stay on the bleeding edge.
- Wallpapers by ksknightmare and sgarriques.
Here are a few screenshots of the ROM in action, courtesy of the developers:
Like what you see? Here’s how you can get this up and running on your Incredible 2.
UPDATE: The nightly for the Incredible 2 failed to be uploaded due to some technical glitches. If you do not find the ROM, no need to be alarmed, check back in a while and hopefully it will be up.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Droid Incredible 2 with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible 2.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible 2.
OMFGB Nightlies(nightlies seem to have been removed from the source) Google Apps(ZIP file removed from the source)
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete
- Once it does, flash the Google Apps package as well and then simply reboot your device.
That’s it! Your phone should now boot into the new OMFGB ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at RootzWiki.