HTC Amaze 4G got an amazing permanent one click root treatment couple of days back. For those who don’t know, HTC Amaze 4G is a brilliant top-tier Android phone with special focus on its camera. The phone has redesigned and enhanced camera interface that promises to deliver exceptional video and still results. Apart from this, Amaze 4G comes packed with a dual core 1.5 GHz processor and 4,.3 qHD display. Once the phone got root, the developers are now busy in making other modifications and developing ROMs. xboarder56, senior XDA recognized developer, has managed to port ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 on Amaze 4G. Previously it was xBoarder’s stable root script that helped gaining permanent root privileges on the phone.
Here is the step by step guide to install / flash ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Amaze 4G:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your device. You can check out the rooting guide posted here for detailed instructions.
- Now download Recovery image file from here and save it on your PC.
- Once done, connect your Amaze 4G to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the downloaded zip file to SD Card root.
- After you are done with copying recovery file to SD Card root, disconnect your phone from PC.
- Now power off your phone, pull the battery out, replace it back and power it back on while holding Volume Down key along with Power button.
- After your phone boots, you will get a pop-up asking start update.
- Press volume up to start update and sit back while it the process is completed.
- Once the recovery image is flashed on your phone, press the Power button to reboot your phone.
And there you go! You now have a recovery installed on your phone. We believe that you can download ROM Manager from market and use in-app option to reboot your phone anytime into recovery. In case you are facing any issues or want to thank the developer, then visit the relevant XDA thread.