Sense 3.0 is HTC’s latest UI for it’s new Android devices, however, Android developers have begun working on porting this UI onto the older devices and have succeeded in doing so with the Desire HD, Inspire 4G, Evo 4G and now the myTouch 4G. myTouch 4G has just received the new Sense 3.0 through a custom ROM by the name of Virtuous Fusion, and is based on Android 2.3.3 while paired with Sense 3.0 as mentioned before. So if you’re excited about the new Sense UI by HTC and have a myTouch 4G, you can read more about the ROM and how to install it after the jump.
Credits goes to eViL D team:
Flemmard and Diamondback, who reverse engineered the m10 format and built an encoder/decoder.
Cappychimp and rmk40, who worked closely throughout the entire process.
rafyvitto, siulimagic, and 911Sniper.
Take a look at some of the features and issues with this ROM before continuing to the installation:
- Fully functional and properly scaled Sense 3.
- Based on components from Sniper911’s leaks of Rider (1.27.1010.0), Kingdom (0.81.651.0) and MT4G Sense GB 2.08.531.0.
- Kernel 126.96.36.199 from the Gingerbread leak for MT4G.
- Market-sourced applications such as Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc. are automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
- Deodexed and zipaligned.
- Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
- Massive APNS list.
As for the bugs, there are some remaining graphical glitches but most of them are minor enough to not bother the user. Non-HTC widgets will function but are not scaled perfectly for now.
Now that you understand what this ROM has to offer, let’s take it for a spin on your myTouch 4G.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted myTouch 4G. See our guide on how to root the myTouch 4g.
- A custom recovery installed. Click here to see what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
- Virtuous Fusion ROM.
- Download the ROM and from the above given link, and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot into recovery mode and flash the ROM, only after you’ve made a nandroid backup.
In you’re unfamiliar with flashing ROMs and the above instructions do not make sense to you, you should see our comprehensive guide on how to install a ROM or zip file via recovery on an Android device.
For updates and queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.