CyanogenMod 6.1 Android 2.2.1 Froyo Custom ROM nightly build (Update: Stable build available now) is now available for flashing on HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2. This Custom ROM for HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2 is all thanks to achieving permanent root for these device.
Here is the step by step guide on installing / flashing CyanogenMod 6.1 Android 2.2.1 Froyo
Nightly Stable ROM on your rooted HTC Desire Z / T-Mobile G2:
- The first step is to download the ROM from here and save it on your desktop.
- Now download and install ROM Manager on your phone from Market.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD card and copy the zip file you earlier downloaded to SD card root.
- Now open ROM Manager on your phone and flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once the recovery is flashed on your phone, go ahead and select Install ROM from SD Card.
- Tap on Make Backup along with Wipe data in confirmation prompt and press OK to proceed.
- Now wait while you phone automatically installs / flash the ROM on your phone.
- Optionally, download Google Apps from here and install the package the exact same way as you installed the ROM, skipping the wipe data part.
And there you go! you now have CM 6.1 nightly running on your handset. Please note that this ROM is nowhere near to be a Release Candidate, so you might face certain issues. The Google Apps are not yet configured for this device, and you can head over to CyanogenMod forums for help regarding this.
Disclaimer: Please use this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any permanent / non-permanent damage caused to your device due to this method.