Finally there is some good news for HTC Dream G1 owners who were waiting for a stable CyanogenMod 6 Android 2.2 Froyo ROM. According to user feedback at XDA Froums, this release is the most stable so far and doesn’t freeze your handset or place it in a boot loop.
Here are the step by step instructions on installing CyanogenMod 6 Froyo release candidate on your HTC Dream G1.
- The first step is to root your HTC Dream G1 following the detailed rooting instructions mentioned here.
- Install CyanogenMod 6 Android 2.2 Froyo ROM along with Google Add-On FRF91 and place the downloaded files on your desktop [ or wherever you prefer].
- Connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card. Copy both downloaded files on the SD card root.
- Boot your phone into Recovery and do Nandroid backup in case anything goes wrong during flashing/installation. [ We used Armon Recovery and it can be downloaded here].
- Now WIPE your device completely by wiping Cache, Data, Delvik Cache etc in recovery mode.
- Now flash/install the ROM followed by Google Add-On. And there you go! You now have official CyanogenMod 6 Android 2.2 Froyo release candidate installed on your HTC Dream G1.
- In case you are already running CyanogenMod 5.x, you will simply need to flash/install the ROM on your handset from recovery.
Please note that this is not the final CyanogenMod 6 release for HTC Dream G1 so if you are looking for a perfectly stable version, then you should wait for the final release.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this method at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be responsible in case your brick your device following this procedure.