Android got ported on HTC HD Mini back in February; courtesy of Cotulla at XDA Developers. After the initial Android over HTC HD Mini port was complete, their hasn’t been any significant progress to port other custom ROMs on this phone. Bruce2728, Senior XDA member and Android developer, has released the first ever CyanogenMod Custom ROM for HTC HD Mini. This CM 7 build for HD Mini is based on latest source code and installs in your phone’s SD card like previous custom Android ROMs.
Disclaimer: Please attempt this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be responsible in case your device bricks or any other damage occurs due to this method.
We believe that this port might invoke a whole new era of Android development for HD Mini as was the case of HD2. So far, the developer hasn’t mentioned any drawbacks or bugs of this CM 7 build for HD mini and has invited initial users and testers to log bugs, glitches and error in the official XDA ROM thread posted here.
Here is the step by step guide to install Android 2.3 Gingerbread Based CyanogenMod 7 Custom ROM on HTC HD Mini.
- The first step is to download the ROM package file from here.
- Now connect your HTC HD Mini to PC via USB Cable.
- Once done, copy and extract the contents of ROM package file you downloaded to SD Card root.
- Now open file manager on your phone and run Haret.exe.
- Wait for the process to complete. It will take around 5 to 10 minutes so hang in there and do not power off your device.
Once the installation is complete, your phone will reboot in CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread unofficial custom ROM. Enjoy!