Android 2.3 Gingerbread for the Viewsonic G-Tablet has been long due now and finally a Gingerbread based custom AOSP ROM called G-Harmony Gingerbread, is here to answer that call while bringing along some additional goodies as well. One of them being some added Honeycomb elements for the tablet, all courtesy of XDA-Developers forum member tjohnsonjr. The Gingerbread firmware should bring in some performance improvements in contrast to the Froyo firmware that the tablet is running right now. In a hurry to experience some Gingerbread goodness on your G-Tablet? Read on for more on this ROM and installation instructions.
- Stock Gingerbead Launcher.
- ADW Launcher.
- Pershoot kernel 2011/03/07.
- Most apks were optimized and ZipAligned.
- Honeycomb icons.
- Honeycomb Wallpapers (by GFX Android).
- Honeycomb Themed boot Animation (by WJD Designs).
- Honeycomb live wallpaper.
- Honeycomb clock widget (by GFX Android).
- Battery percentage in the notification bar.
- Transparent notification menu.
- Music Controls in the lockscreen (only works with the included Stock music app for now).
- Bluetooth HID for bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Wiimote support.
- Galaxy Tab icons for the Settings menu.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.2.
- Miren Browser.
- Zegoe font pack.
So now that you know what this ROM is all about, let’s get it up and running on your phone!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted ViewSonic G-Tablet with ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Se our guide on how to root the G-Tablet and install ClockworkMod Recovery to it.
Google Apps. G-Harmony Gingerbread ROM.
- To begin, copy the ROM and Google Apps you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the files are copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Now, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Once done, simply flash the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install. (Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcardand select the ROM.)
- Once the ROM is installed, flash the Google Apps.
- Now simply reboot your device and cross your fingers!
Congratulations! Your G-Tablet will now boot into the Gingerbread based AOSP ROM. For further updates and queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.