The Incredible 2, since being rooted and having gained S-Off, has received tremendous development support. The new HTC Flyer Android Tablet’s ROM being ported to the Incredible 2 is testament to the development support we talk about. The ROM named BeatMod FlyerSense is an effort of zFr3eak, sbryan12144, Capychimp and samuel2706 and is a work in progress with quite a few functions broken right now. This renders the ROM as a non daily driver for now with the release being meant for trouble shooting where testers could point out the bugs that need sorting out.
Further credits to M-Deejay for his alpha port and kernel, Seo for fixing the Rosie.apk and all his help, HTC for Sense, Evo 4G Express Team, Natkaffe for the first build, SetCpu for the great app, capychimp and mike1986.
The ROM sports the following features right now:
- Based on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
- Running Sense 3.0.
- Rooted with Busybox installed.
- Rmk’s unity kernel.
- Spareparts + Devtools.
- Call recording app included.
- Deodexed and fully zipaligned.
- Multilanguages and EXT4 support.
As for the bugs that exist as mentioned earlier, a user gave the following feedback after testing it out on his Incredible 2.
- The Gallery FCs.
- Camcorder FCs after hitting the record button.
- No data connection.
- The phone doesn’t dial out.
- Messages doesn’t open.
- No keyboard to enable in the Languages and keyboard settings.
The GPS and Bluetooth seemed to be working fine though, and so was the auto rotation along with the lights.
You can also check out a video of the ROM in action on the Desire HD, courtesy of the developers.
Want to give it a go? If you can cope with the issues that exist, sure, don’t let us stop you. Here’s how you can have this installed on your Incredible 2.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Droid Incredible 2 with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Incredible 2
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on installing ClockworkMod recovery on the Incredible 2
BeatMod FlyerSense ROM(download link down)
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries related to this ROM, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.