If you want one of the cool new Android phones HTC just released with the latest version of HTC Sense but are stuck with your HTC EVO 4G, fret not as the ROM from the new HTC Incredible S has been successfully ported to the EVO 4G, thanks to XDA-Developers forum members myn and incubus26jc and you can install this ROM on your EVO 4G by following this guide.
The port is far from perfect at this time with a few things out of order. However if you want to install this ROM, let us point out a few things you should know about it before we guide you with the installation procedure .
- Rooted vanilla port.
- Deodexed for theming/mod support.
- HTC #15 kernel.
- Android 2.2.1 (Froyo).
- HTC Sense 2.0.
What’s not functioning:
- 4G features.
- Video Camera.
- There could be other issues too.
Now that you know what this ROM is all about, lets get on with the installation.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted phone. Incase your device isn’t rooted, see here for our guide on how to root your Android device.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Click here for our guide on installing ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your phone into recovery.
- Take a nandroid backup.
- Wipe data, cache & Dalvik cache.
- Install the ROM from the zip file copied to the SD card in Step 1.
- Reboot your phone once the installation is complete.
If you need help with following any of these instructions, see our guide on how to install a custom Android ROM.
Voila! The HTC Incredible S ROM is now running on your device. For more updates and information visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers and inform the developers of any issues you find other then the stated ones. Be sure not to ask for solutions to any problems there though, as the ROM is in it’s developmental stages and no questions will be entertained.