LeeDroid ROM has been one of the most popular Froyo based Android ROMs for the HTC Desire HD and HTC Inspire 4G. Built by LeeDroid at XDA-Developers forums, it boasts various features that surely place the ROM in the top custom ROMs for the HTC Desire HD. For the detailed features of the ROM and a step by step guide on how to install it, read on.
The LeeDroid HD V2.2.2 comes with the following stand out features:
- Base Android 2.2.1 – Newest Official HTC WWE RUU 1.72.405.3
- De-odexed & Zipaligned
- Huge Battery Improvement
- Kernel – LeeDrOiD Ace V2.2.2 – 220.127.116.11 (based on lates HTC source)
- Available CPU governors – On Demand, Performance, Conservative, Powersave, Userspace, Smartass & Interactive
- Slightly Undervolted with an OPTIONAL OC up to 1804MHz using Set CPU.
- Default CPU config = Smartass governor @ 245MHz – 1036MHz (only 12MHz above stock)
- Increased WiFi Performance whilst “sleeping”.
- BFQ, CFQ & Deadline I/O Scheduler’s
- GPU+ mod (Improved 2D & 3D Graphics performance)
- 20% audio boost across all outputs 25% main speaker
- SLQB Memory allocator
- CIFS support & Manager
- Open VPN
- Optional A2SD+Patch (move apps & dalvik cache to an ext partition on your MicroSD)
- Rooted with Superuser permissions
- Busybox 1.18.1
- Nano command-line text editor support
- Bash command shell support
- /data/app/ zipaligned on boot (Improved RAM performance)
- Ram Optimizations
- Fully optimized framework
- Reboot options in power menu Normal/Bootloader/Recovery/Hot Reboot (thanks to snq-)
- Improved auto brightness values
- Clean, Fast & Stable!
- Browser Optimizations
- Increased Dalvik-VM Heap size
- Huge APN List
- Custom LeeDrOiD Bios Boot animation
- Cusom LeeDrOiD Locales & Language support
- Minor UI Tweaks
- Semi transparent app drawer & notification pull down
- Titanium Backup & Rom manager
- HTC Notes, Coin & Sand timer widgets
- Voice Dialer (working with Bluetooth)
- AD-free & hosts (Updated & working)
- Spare parts (advanced configuration tool)
- Genie News & Weather widget
- Launcher2 (Optional Stock android launcher)
- Fancy widget
- Android market V2.3.3
- Voice Search V2.1.1
- Adobe Flash Player V10.1.106.16
- Google Maps V5.0.0
- Facebook V1.5.0
- Updated Gmail V18.104.22.168
- YouTube 2.1.6
- Clear default home app
- Lots of performance & stability boosts!
Now learn how to get all this :
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC Desire HD. See our guides on how to root HTC Desire HD or how to root Inspire 4G.
- HTC Desire with Radio version 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2 . See how to flash a radio on HTC Desire
- Radio S-Off / ENG S-Off on your device. See how to gain (radio And engineering) S–Off On HTC Desire HD
- ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. See how to install ClockworkMod Recovery 3 + using ROM Manager
- LeeDrOiD HD V2.2.2
- Device at least 40% charged.
- Download the LeeDrOiD ROM and drop to your SD card.
- Boot into recovery.(either via Rom Manager or by powering up with the volume down button held)
- Select “Backup & restore” then backup your existing ROM just incase you want to move back to your current configuration.
- If you want a clean install, scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” (this step is recommended but not always required)
- Select ‘Flash Zip from SD card’
- Select the LeeDrOiD HD V2.2.2 that you just downloaded.
- Cleaning Cache and Dalvik Cache is recommended.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete and reboot
Congratulations! Your HTC Desire HD will now boot into the popular LeeDroid ROM. The ROM is said to be really fast, stable and easy on the battery. Let us know how it turns out for you!
For further updates, issues or suggestions, please head onto the XDA-Developers forum thread.