Finally there is some great news for HTC Incredible S users as unofficial MIUI 1.7.8 Android 2.3 Gingerbread custom ROM is now available for download and flashing. The credit for this ROM goes to proxuser and according to him, the ROM is fully working with very less issues and glitches. One great thing about this MIUI ROM for Incredible S is that you won’t have to flash separate language packs. The credit for translation pack and for other great stuff, as per developer, goes to xavierjohn and GoAPk.
The ROM comes integrated with nearly all MIUI supported languages and all you have to do is set your preferred language after first reboot. For those who don’t know, MIUI ROMs are custom third party Android firmware to enhance user experience on Android devices.
Here is the step by step guide to install MIUI 1.7.8 custom ROM on your HTC Incredible S:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed on your phone along with root privileges. See our guides on rooting the Incredible S and gaining S-OFF through AlphaRevX.
- Download MIUI ROM for Incredible S (Update: Link has been updated to point to the latest official version currently available for the device).
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card as flash drive and copy downloaded ROM file to SD Card root.
- After this reboot your device in recovery mode. You can either reboot in recovery with correct key mapping or install ROM Manager from Market for easy reboot.
- Once you are in the recovery mode, follow onscreen instructions to create a Nandroid Backup. Making a backup isn’t necessary, but this will be your final resort if things don’t go as planned.
- Now go to Wipe/Factory Reset option in recovery and do a complete factory reset.
- After you are done will wiping, go to Recovery main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card.
- In the resulting menu, select the ROM file you earlier copied to SD Card and press OK to flash.
- Once the flashing procedure begins, sit back and relax until it is complete.
- After the installation is complete, reboot your device.
- Once you see the language selection menu, tap on your preferred Language and reboot your device again for settings to take effect.
And there you go! You now have unofficial MIUI Android 2.3 Gingerbread version 1.7.8 working on your HTC Incredible S. If you need support or want to give feedback, please visit the official XDA thread for the ROM.