The RCTeam continues to bring us the best of ROMs for our Android devices, and those who don’t know about them, they have been here from the days of the HTC Hero. This time around they bring us a custom ROM sporting the much hyped about, Sense 3.5 for the Desire HD. The ROM is based on the Bliss WWE RUU 1.10.401.0 Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
Update: The download link to this ROM has expired and we are unable to find an alternative for now. If you know of any alternate link, do let us know. Meanwhile, if you’re really interested in installing a Sense 3.5 based ROM on your Desire HD, see our guide on installing the Cool3D HTC Sense 3.5 ROM on the Desire HD.
The ROM felt much smoother and slicker as compared to the Sense 3.0 ports that we have ran on our Desire HD. The transitions and even scrolling the screen, was quite faster than any Sense 3.0 ROM our Desire HD has met before. Possibly one of the most visible change you will find is the addition of a new Quick Launch widget, which essentially seems like the home screen and is very practical. The curved dock seems to have been removed in favor of an app and Phone button as well, so after years of sporting that curved dock, HTC seems to have finally moved on.
As for the bugs in this ROM, according to the developers, Bluetooth seems to be broken. Other than that, Wi-Fi seemed to be working, and so did the calls and messages.
Like what you see? Here’s how you can get this ROM up and running on your Desire HD!
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted HTC Desire HD. See our guide on permanently rooting the Desire HD.
- A custom recovery installed. See what is ClockworkMod recovery and how to install it.
RCMix3D Bliss ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select wipe data factory/reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Now navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Selecting the ROM will initiate the installation of the ROM, so wait for the process to complete, and once it does, simply reboot your device.
That’s it, you should now boot into the RCMix3D Bliss ROM for the Desire HD. For updates and queries, visit the
forum thread at XDA-Developers.