Do you have an HTC Droid Incredible and are envious of the new HTC devices coming around with Sense 3.0? XDA-Developers forum member IncredibleDoes has just released a ROM based on HTC Sense 3.0 for the Incredible, called IncDoes 3D just for such users. So if you want the Sense 3.0 goodness on your Droid Incredible, this ROM has been made for you.
ccording to the developer, the ROM is not buggy at all and in fact is “Rock Solid Stable”. However, that said, the ROM takes quite some time in booting up, and when we say, quite some time, we’re talking like 5 minutes! This according to the developer is due to all the optimization and bloatware removed. Now whether this is on the first boot or every reboot is unclear. (Image, courtesy of the developer.)
The ROM retains a fully stock look, but if you can see, it sports a transparent dock bar that is otherwise not available on stock Sense 3.0 ROMs. Other than that, here’s a quick look at the important features of this ROM:
- Full Sense 3.0.
- Rooted Su/Superuser.
- Gingerbread Battery/Wi-Fi signal icons.
- Green overscroll effect.
- Latest CyanogenMod DSP manager.
- Stock Gingerbread HTC Kernel.
- SD card speed fix.
- CRT Animation.
- Trackball wake and unlock.
The feedback from people who used this ROM has been quite positive as well with people complimenting the battery life they’re getting with this ROM on their Droid Incredible. So if you like what you see, let’s get it up and running on your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A Rooted HTC Droid Incredible. See our guide on rooting the Droid Incredible.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. If you have no idea what that is, please see our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery and how you can install it.
- IncDoes 3D ROM.
- Begin by copying the ROM and you downloaded from the link above, to the root of your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, reboot your device into recovery mode.
- Once in the recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe factory/data reset.
- Now, wipe cache and dalvick cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the ROM you copied to your SD card and let it install.
That is it, once the ROM is installed, reboot the phone. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.