In case you are a Samsung Galaxy S Android phone owner and were looking to try the newest TouchWiz 4 UI that comes with Samsung Galaxy S II, then your wait is over. Gavin Phelan, XDA member, has released a custom GP’s TW4 hack that allows your Galaxy S to embrace this new UI without any problem. And not only you will have the complete UI, you will also be able to play with everything that comes on board like widgets etc.
So in order to get SGS II TouchWiz 4 on your Samsung Galaxy S, follow the step by step instructions below:
Before embarking on this guide, you need to make sure that your phone has root along with Root Explorer installed. Also make a complete backup of your current system to ensure maximum safety if things don’t go as planned.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is download GP’s TouchWiz 4 launcher Zip from here, extract the APK along with .so file and save them in SD Extension of your phone.
- Once done,launch Root Explorer.
- In Root Explorer, use onscreen option to mount System as R / W.
- Now copy the TouchWiz30Launcher.APK in System / App.
- After this copy libglcanvas.so in System / LIB.
- Now reboot your device and press home button to select TouchWiz 4 as launcher option.
In case you are facing any issues with this, please head to the official XDA thread here for support and further information.