As the story of iOS 4 evolves, here is the complete step by step jailbreaking instruction guide for iOS 4 GM on your iPhone 3G. Please note that you must be with a legit carrier in order to jailbreak, because the unlock is not yet included and you can end up in jamming you iPhone due to baseband upgrade.
- The first step is to download the iOS 4 GM and you can find the downloadable links here.
- Now you need to upgrade your iPhone 3G to the latest iPhone12_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw.
- After up-gradation, start redsn0w 0.9.5 and go to the iOS 4 file that you have downloaded. Wait for redsn0w to verify the firmware file.
- After verification, navigate to the button that says “install Cydia” and check mark it.
- Now check you iPhone 3G if it powered off and plugged in the computer.
- Now place your phone in the DFU mode by following the on-screen guides.
- If every thing has been done correctly, you will see the screen turn to bright white. This is the point where redsn0w has started it’s work for jailbreaking.
- Now after the process is over, you iPhone 3G will be rebooted and jailbroken!
Update: An updated version of Redwsn0w 0.9.5 Beta has been released that enables multitasking as well as default home-screen wall paper. You can click here to find out more about this.
Update 2: The latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.5 has been released for both Windows and Mac. Check it out here.
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on jailbreaking experience before trying your hands on this one. Addictivetips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device during the process.