If you were annoyed with the native Gmail App on your Android phone not showing complete images, then there is quick fix for you. Anderdroid, Android developer and hacker at XDA Forums, has released a modded version of Gmail.apk for Android phones that allows you to completely download and view images within an email. The outcome of this modded version is great so far, as it works on Android devices with or without root. You no longer need to press that big button to view image attachments as all images within the email load without issues.
Here is a step-by-step guide on downloading and installing modified Gmail.apk that allows you to see the images in email on your Android phone.
1. The first step is to download the modified Gmail.apk file from here and save it on your desktop.
2. Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD and copy earlier downloaded APK file to SD card root.
3. Now launch Market on your phone and download Astro File Manager.
4. Once the download is complete, launch Astro File Manager and install the Gmail.apk file following onscreen instructions.
5. Once the installation is complete, exit file manager and tap on Gmail icon on home screen.
6. Now open any email with images to crosscheck if this really worked.
And there you go! You now have images visible within your email. In case you are facing any issues, please head over to official XDA thread for info and support. Alternatively, you can also use ADB to push the APK file on your phone by following this command:
adb push Gmail.apk /system/app