Sony Ericsson started rolling out Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for Xperia X10 couple of days back. There were many who updated to this stock firmware, but a huge crowd was waiting for a custom build integrating the firmware and associated goodies. Well that “huge crowd” can cheer up now as Wolfbreak, Senior XDA Member and ROM Chef, has rolled out custom Wolf Xperia Gingerbread 2.3.3 ROM based on the stock GB rollout. The ROM comes with a customized theme with plenty of tweaks and some awesome extras on board.
Here are some of the major features of this ROM:
- Pre-Rooted with SU and Busybox.
- FPS Uncap Hack
- Bravia Engine with 100 % Success Rate
- Multilingual Support
- Free Memory, RAM Tweaks
- Automated CPU Profile Switcher
- SD Card Speed Boost Hack
- Kernel Tuning.
- Reduced Lag
- Better Memory Management
- I / O Scheduler Tweaks
- Android Internal Task Killer Hack
- Automatic Zip Align
- Network Performance Tweaks
In order to install this ROM on your Xperia X10, you must have root with a custom ROM and xRecovery. Apart from this, if you don’t have the new 2.3 Kernel and .71 baseband, then you will need Flashtool and FTF Bundle to make this work.
In case you are already on the new 2.3 Kernel with 0.71 baseband, then download the ROM from here and follow the instructions provided here to install. [ The link also carries instructions and downloads for updating your kernel and baseband version.]
For your convenience, here are the instructions to flash this official Gingerbread based Wolf ROM on your Xperia X10:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Reboot into xRecovery and make a back-up of your current ROM. (You’ll need a working xRecovery or else it will say Device/SD Card busy).
- Wipe the following in xRecovery:
- Factory Reset (Full wipe)
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Go to install Custom Zip and choose Wolf_GB_2.3_TW_006.zip
The following steps are only required if you don’t have the new 2.3 kernel and .71 baseband, if you do have them you can reboot your phone and enjoy this ROM.
- Turn off the phone by taking out your battery when ROM installation is finished
- Open Flashtool and flash the FTF Bundle I made available for download. Press on Flash and follow the steps given to put your x10 into flashmode and flash the baseband and kernel.
- When Flashtool is finished you can plug out the USB, turn your phone on and enjoy this ROM!
Please note that this ROM is only intended for Xperia X10 models. And there is no verification that it works on other Xperia X10 variants such as X10i. Please read through the XDA link provided above to understand the instructions and risks, if any, involved.