1.7Ghz on a dual core Android device is simply wicked! The Galaxy Note was already a powerhouse, and this jump to a 1.7Ghz CPU clock is simply insane. The overclock comes in through a custom kernel called AbyssNote, developed by XDA-Developers forum member Chris X. The kernel also includes a few more tweaks that you can check out at the the forum thread, but the most amazing feature of this kernel, is the minimum clock dropping to a minor 50Mhz! Imagine the battery being saved.
Installing this kernel on to the Galaxy Note has been made very easier by the developer. Contrary to most Samsung kernels, where you have to flash them via ODIN, Chris X. has packed the kernel into a recovery flashable zip file.
Image below, courtesy of the developer.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Galaxy Note with ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on rooting the Galaxy Note and installing ClockworkMod recovery.
- AbyssNote Kernel 1.5.
- To begin, download the zip file and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the zip file.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot your device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.