Samsung Galaxy Note is phone-cum-tablet that seems to be Samsung Galaxy S II’s older sibling. The phone is meant for business professional who need to scribble notes, share information and fix meetings on the go. The gigantic 5.3 Inch screen with a Stylus is a definite try to bring Stylus back in fashion. And if you have this phone and were looking to root it, then there is some great news for you. Senior XDA member and Android developer, netchip, has managed to port ClockworkMod Recovery on this phone. Although installing ClockworkMod Recovery itself has nothing to do with rooting Galaxy Note, but you can easily flash SuperUser to gain rooting privileges.
Here is the step by step guide to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note and then root it:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to download and install KIES on your PC.
- Once done, download ODIN and extract the files to a folder on your desktop. It will be convenient if you can rename the folder on desktop as “Odin”.
- Download ClockworkMod Recovery Odin flashable .tar file and save it in Odin folder on your desktop.
- Put your phone in download mode. You can do this by first powering off your phone and then booting it back again while pressing volume down key along with power and home button.
- After you are in download mode, connect your phone to the computer and wait for driver installation.
- Open the Odin folder on your desktop and click on Odin.exe.
- You will see Odin application screen with one com port tab gone yellow. The yellow tab signifies that your device is connected to computer in download mode.
- Switch to the PDA tab in ODIN and select ClockworkMod Recovery Tar file you earlier copied to ODIN folder on your desktop.
- Now, click on Start and wait for ODIN to complete the flashing process.
- After the flashing is complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
- Download Superuser flashable ZIP, connect your phone to the computer and copy the zip file to SD Card root.
- Reboot your phone in Recovery.
- Once your phone is in recovery mode, go to “install zip from SD Card” and select SuperUser.zip file to flash.
- Reboot your phone.
- Once your phone boots, download Root Checker app from Market to verify root access on your phone.
In case you are facing any issues, then head to the XDA forum thread.