Rooting the Galaxy Tab Plus could not have been easier, especially when the method involved installs the latest ClockworkMod recovery 5 on the device as well. The recovery and root we’ll talk about here are meant specifically for the P6210 and T869 models. Credit goes to XDA-Developers forum member garyd9 who developed this method and tested it out to be working flawlessly on his own P6210. The recovery and root for the T869 has been reported to be working fine as well.
Before we move ahead with this, you should know that the once you initiate the flashing process of the zip file (root and recovery) from the recovery, it will look for and delete any existing ClockworkMod recovery backups made earlier, because incase you try to restore from a backup made via an older version of ClockworkMod, while running the newer version, you WILL end up bricking your device.
Also, a backup copy of your existing recovery image will also be made and saved in your internal storage.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Root and recovery package (P6210).
- Root and recovery package (T869).
- Atleast a 1Gb external SD card installed.
- To begin, download the root and recovery package from the link above and copy it onto the external SD card.
- Once done, reboot your phone into recovery.
- If the recovery is ClockworkMod, Install zip from sdcard > choose zip from internal sdcard and select the zip file.
- If the recovery is 3e, apply update from external storage and select the zip file.
- Once the zip file is flashed, simply reboot the device and cross your fingers!
- Now from the Android Market, install Superuser and you’re good to go with a rooted device.
For updates and queries, head over to the forum thread at XDA-Developers.