Ice Cream Sandwich hits the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi model. This comes in from XDA-Developers forum member DaAwesome1 and ericj83’a for releasing what is a KANG for CM9. Please bear in mind that this is not the official CM9 ROM. The ROM is based on Android 4.0 and said to have a broken Camera as the only non functional feature right now. However, there might be glitches and bugs in the ROM that you can encounter if you give this ROM a go on your device.
Installation of the ROM is a very simple matter if you have previously been flashing custom ROMs to the Tab. However, here are the instructions for those who want to play around with this ROM.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1. See our guide on rooting the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- ClockworkMod recovery installed. Refer to this page at XDA-Developers to install ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- CM9 KANG v1.0.
- To begin, download the ROM (zip) from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot the device into recovery mode and make a Nandroid backup.
- That done, select factory reset/wipe, wipe cache and then wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the installation completes, simply reboot your device.
That’s it, your device should now boot into the new ICS based based ROM! For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.