HTC Sensation is undoubtedly the latest “sensation” among Android phones who prefer being loyal to HTC. The phone comes with 1.2 GHz Dual-Core processor and has 768 MB RAM that ensures a powerful, speedy and butter-smooth user experience. Apart from these awesome specs, the bootloader of HTC Sensation is entitled for official HTC Dev unlocking which makes things easier for underground development community. There are scores of custom Android ROMs, kernels and tweaks that are consistently surfacing for HTC Sensation.
HTC Sensation has only three physical buttons that are power, volume up and volume down. For some of us, it’s a bit awkward to press the power button every time in order to Wake phone’s screen. And when you are gripping the phone and want to wakeup the screen using the same hand, then its pretty uncomfortable. JJdoctor, Senior XDA Member, has managed to extract Android.policy,jar file from InsertCoin custom ROM for HTC Sensation. This basically lets you wakeup your phone’s screen by pressing the volume up key.
In order to deploy this hack on your HTC Sensation, you must have root on your phone. And according to the developer, you must be running a custom ROM with Sense UI for this hack to work.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Here is the step by step guide to Wakeup HTC Sensation screen via Volume Button:
- The first step is to download Android.Policy.Jar file [Link Provided At The End] and save it on your desktop.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer, mount SD Card and copy the downloaded .jar file to SD Card root.
- After this download ES File Explorer from Market, install it on your phone and launch it.
- Now in ES File Explorer, press the menu key and check Root Explorer as well as Mount System.
- Now copy the Android.policy.jar file on your SD Card and paste it in system/framework folder. Also make a backup of already existing Android.Policy.Jar file in System/framework. It is important that you note down permissions of the file you are backing up so that you can restore it without any glitches.
- Once you have copied the Android.Policy.Jar file to /System/Framework, long press on the file, select properties and then chance permissions to
- Owner Read Write
- Group Read
- Others Read
Now the procedure is complete and all you need to do is reboot for settings to take effect. In case you are facing any difficulty or need hands-on developer support, then check out the download link provided below.
Download Volume Button Wakeup Tweak