Minecraft features all sorts of blocks; some can be used in their original form while others can be ‘smelted’ to make other types of blocks. You will find that a large number of blocks will become something else or an ingredient for something else by smelting.
Blast furnace in Minecraft
A furnace is a basic crafting tool in Minecraft, and it’s easy to make. All you need is eight blocks of cobblestone, one of the most commonly occurring blocks in Minecraft. A furnace will smelt sand, stone, food, and more but it is a time consuming process.
Users who have a lot of blocks to smelt can opt for more than one furnace or, they can craft a blast furnace in Minecraft.
A blast furnace is basically a furnace that works twice as fast as an ordinary furnace. It also requires iron to build but iron is fairly common, and worth the speed it will add to the smelting process.
Create blast furnace in Minecraft
To create a blast furnace in Minecraft, you need;
- Five iron ingots
- A furnace
- Three blocks of smooth stone
To get the above though, you will need to craft other things first. We’ll break it down step by step. Make sure you have an iron pickaxe and a crafting table ready, and then follow the steps below.
Craft resources for Blast furnace
- Mine five blocks of iron.
- Mine 2 blocks of coal.
- Mine 11 blocks of stone to get cobblestone.
- Use eight blocks of cobblestone to create a furnace. Leave the middle square empty.
- Use the furnace and smelt three blocks of cobblestone into stone.
- Put the stone back into the furnace and smelt it again to get smooth stone.
You now have iron, a furnace, and smooth stone.
Craft blast furnace
To craft the blast furnace from the resources we created, follow these steps.
On the crafting table;
- Place the furnace in the middle square.
- Place smooth stone on the bottom row.
- Add iron ingots to all remaining empty squares.
- Collect the blast furnace.
A blast furnace will smelt faster however, you cannot use it for cooking. It is used exclusively for ore blocks, and for creating tools or armor. If you’re looking to cook faster, you should look into crafting a smoker. In terms of fuel efficiency, the blast furnace is not more efficient than a regular furnace. It consumes fuel at the same rate however, like the furnace, it will be able to accept all types of fuel and does not work exclusively with coal. If you plan on crafting armor, this item is a must-have.