The Xbox console is home to lots of multiplayer games. These multiplayer games allow you to play with players online. The Xbox network also allows users to chat with each other. It’s a cohesive system that makes it easier for everyone on the Xbox platform to play together.
UPnP Not Successful?
In order to connect to the Xbox network, you need an internet connection. Your Xbox may be connected to the internet but if its services are being blocked — specifically, if you see the UPnP not successful error in your Xbox’s settings — you won’t be able to chat with other players.
Chances are, you may even be booted from a game.
Fix error UPnP Not Successful on Xbox
1. Toggle UPnP settings in router
Many routers have a dedicated setting for UPnP services. They are normally enabled and allow Xbox to work seamlessly but when you see the UPnP not successful error, try toggling the setting in your router.
- Access the admin panel for your router.
- Look for the UPnP setting and turn it off.
- Restart the router.
- Turn the UPnP setting back on.
2. Restart the console
After you’ve changed the router settings, you should restart the Xbox.
- Press the Xbox button on the console and hold for 10 seconds.
- The console will shut down.
- Wait a minute.
- Press the Xbox button again to turn the console on.
3. Use a static IP
This fix requires changing the IP address in the Xbox’s settings.
- Tap the Xbox button to open the Xbox menu.
- Go to Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced settings.
- Note down the following from this screen;
- Subnet mask
- Primary DNS address
- Secondary DNS address
- Go to IP Settings in the Xbox settings panel.
- Change settings to Manual.
- Change the value for Subnet mask, Gateway, Primary DNS address, and Secondary DNS address to those you noted in step 3.
- Apply the change and restart the console.
UPnP Xbox – Conclusion
Multiplayer is a popular mode for games and most modern games have an online multiplayer mode. Xbox not only offers a great multiplayer experience, it also makes it easy to find other players who play the same game and connect with them easily. The UPnP error, while annoying, is often easily fixed by toggling the setting for it in the router.
If your problem persists, check if your ISP might be causing problems i.e. try connecting to a different network. ISPs may block the traffic for games and media streaming services to manage bandwidth. You will need to get in touch with your ISP to sort the problem out if that’s the case.