Boxee is a relatively well-known name in the field of internet television. You can watch anything you want using the Boxee Box or through the web service they provide. But now, that’s not all. Boxee has come up with it’s very own, brand new app for the iPad. The app really seems to be professionally made with a smooth interface and a bundle of features that might interest a vast variety of users. You can use the app as your main hub for watching all the videos making the rounds on your social networks. In addition to that, the Boxee app provides a pretty good way of streaming media from your PC to the iPad. Of course, Boxee Box integration is available in the app as well.
First of all you need to sign in to your Boxee account, or if you don’t have one, just sign up for one from within the app. The app also offers integration with Twitter and Facebook.
The app comes with the following features.
- The app lets you play videos from Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and your computer.
- You can add any video you like to the Watch Later queue (much like its YouTube namesake). But the cool feature here is that you might not have necessarily found that video in the app. For example,while browsing through your Facebook updates, you come across a video shared by someone. You can add even that to the app’s Watch Later bookmark list.
- Boxee suggests videos of its own choice to you every day in the Featured section.
- Using this app, you can transfer videos from your PC to your iPad with utmost ease over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Boxee acts as a video player and can play files in any format.
- If you own a Boxee Box, you can transfer your iPad videos to your TV too.
- And of course, it all comes with really attractive sharing options which keep you in touch with what your friends are watching these days.
The app is free, and available exclusively for iPad users (no iPhone version for now).
Download Boxee for iPad
Update: The app supports iOS 5 now, and a slew of other features have been added to the mix as well. If you stream videos from your desktop, they will begin playing from where you left off rather than the start. There is also a remote control in the app for your Boxee Box, and users can select the quality of each video stream played on the iPad.