Finally there is some great news for HTC Desire S owners as AlphaRevX public beta 2 build is now out! The build is claimed to be compatible with Droid incredible 2, as posted here, and HTC Desire S. AlpharevX is basically a HBoot mod for Android devices with locked bootloaders and and allows you to gain S-OFF on your device in order to flash custom recoveries, ROMs, root etc.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process
Here is the step by step guide to gain S-OFF on HTC Desire S with AplphaRevX Beta 2:
- The foremost step is to make sure that you have ADB installed and properly configured on your PC. You can visit our ADB guide posted here for this purpose.
- Once done, download HTC Sync, install and synchronize your phone. This is needed to install required device drivers. Once the sync is complete, uninstall HTC Sync while keeping the drivers.
- After this head to AlpharevX website here and download Windows or Linux version according to your choice.
- Now unzip the archive and save the unzipped content on your desktop for ease of access.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, enable USB debugging from Settings > Applications > development menu. Make sure that you mount your phone as Charge Only.
- After this launch AlphaRevX.exe and follow onscreen instructions to the core to gain S-OFF on your device.
- After AlphaRev identifies your device and asks for Beta Key, copy the device serial number in brackets and use the form at AlphaRevX to generate beta key. Click on Windows download option and enter the serial number in the form that opens after download begins.
And there you go! You now have S-OFF on your phone. In case you are facing any troubles or want to report bugs, then please use the AlphaRevX Website link provided in instructions above.