In case you are Motorola Droid 2 owner with compassion for FM radio, then there is some great news for you. Folks over at XDA have unearthed a whole FM Radio in your Motorola Droid 2 which is serving the tuning purpose alright. We have no idea as to what exactly was Motorola’s aim to put this feature behind the bars, but we can tell you how to unleash it for sure.
- The first step is to root your Motorola Droid 2. You can follow the one click method posted here.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and make sure you have ADB installed. You can follow these instructions to install ADB if you already don’t have it.
- Now download Droid 2 FM Radio archive and unzip the package on your desktop.
- Once you have saved the files, Start > Run > CMD and type following commands:
- adb push app/FMRadio.apk /system/app
- adb push app/FMRadioService.apk /system/app
- adb push bin/fmradioserver /system/bin
- adb push lib/libFMRadio.so /system/lib
- adb push lib/libfmradio_jni.so /system/lib
- adb push lib/libfmradioplayer.so /system/lib
- Once you have pushed all these files through ADB, remount system to ro.
- Now connect your headphones to the device and launch FMradio.
Please consult the official XDA thread in case you are facing difficulty in setting up permissions or any other issue.
Disclaimer: AddictiveTips won’t be responsible for any damage incurred to your device using this method. Please follow this procedure at your own risk!