In case you are an Infuse 4G owner with root and are looking to multiply your 4G connectivity speed, then you are in luck! SSJ_Gomike, Senior XDA Member and developer, has discovered awesome build.prop tweak that lets you optimize 4G connectivity on your device. For those who don’t know, Build.Prop file is basically your device’s build properties file and is utilized for various purposes. The file carries discreet instructions for phone’s operation and you can tinker with certain lines of code to change LCD density, configure Dalvik VM Heap Size, modify camera properties, optimize network performance etc.
The workaround that lets you increase Infuse 4G, involves adding a few instructions in your Infuse 4G’s build.prop. Here are the step by step instructions to increase 4G connectivity speed on your Infuse 4G:
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- The first step is to make sure that you have root on your phone. You can follow the instructions posted here to gain root privileges.
- Once you have root on your device, download ES File Explorer from Market and install it on your phone.
- After you have the ES File Manager installed, tap to launch the app then press menu > settings and enable Root Explorer along with Mount System option.
- Once done, press the back button for app’s main screen and then tap on small SD Card image on top left corner to of the screen to navigate to root.
- Now on this screen, scroll down and select “System” folder.
- Once you are inside the System folder, locate Buil.Prop file.
- After you have figured out Build.Prop file, long press the file icon and select Open with ES Note Editor.
- Now enter the following commands exactly as they are in build.prop opened already in ES Note Editor:
And once your phone is reboots normally, test your 4G speed via SpeedTest.Net app available for free in Market. In case you have any other issues or you want to add some more info, then please head to the official XDA thread posted here.