Are you an iPhone owner who has just seen one of their friends with an Android phone showing off their fancy animated Live wallpapers, and have since been craving to get those on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad running iOS 3.x or 4.x? While there hasn’t been any official update to iOS bringing such Live wallpaper support, we have found a free app available in Cydia that allows you to set different animated Live wallpapers in crisp HD quality on your jailbroken Apple device running iOS 3 or 4. Read on for more information and installation instructions.
Live wallpapers have long been one of the Android features lacking in iOS. On Android, they are basically apps and are installable as apps, with the ability to be used as the home screen background. Some of them can be pretty functional too, offering social media updates, launcher-like features and what not. While those functional capabilities won’t be added with this Cydia tweak, it will bring support for great-looking animations to your iOS device.
Note that being a Cydia app, this app is not available for non-jailbroken iOS devices.
Had enough of the details and want to get Live wallpapers in HD up and running on your Apple device home screen? Here are the step by step instructions on installing vWallpaper for High Def Live video wallpapers on your iPhone 3G/3GS, iPod Touch, and iPhone 4 running iOS 3.x or iOS 4.x.
- The first step is to launch Cydia on your device.
- After launching Cydia, navigate to ‘Manage’.
- Next, go to ‘Sources’.
- We will need to add a source to Cydia that has this app available. To do this, press the edit button on the top left corner of the screen, and then press the ‘Add’ button.
- Now type the following repo in You will now get an ‘add url’ prompt. Add the following repo link there: https://i.danstaface.net/deb
- After you have added the repo, wait for the repository to upgrade.
- Next, go back to cydia and search for “vWallpapers”. It should now be available for installation.
- Select the vWallpaper version according to your device’s OS and install.