In case you have updated your iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0.2 then you are certainly in luck! With JailbreakMe process going void for every device updated to iOS 4.0.2, you can still jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0.2 with Redsn0w.
Here is the step by step guide on jailbreaking iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0.2 using Redns0w Version 0.9.5b5-5.
Please do not upgrade to iOS 4.0.2 if you rely on a carrier unlock. This guide is only intended for iPhone 3G users on legit carriers.
- The first step is to download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and save it on your desktop [or wherever your prefer].
- Start Redns0w.
- Once Redsn0w starts, click browse and and select the original iOS 4 Firmware IPSW file.
- Now wait for Redsn0w to process the firmware file and select next.
- On this screen, check mark “Install Cydia” and press next.
- Now power off your iPhone 3G and connect it with your computer. Please only press next once you are 100 % sure that your phone is properly powered off and plugged to the computer.
- Now follow the onscreen instruction to complete your jailbreak. This process will take some time so do not interrupt installation or disconnect your device.
- The device will reboot automatically once Redsn0w finishes the process.
And there you go! You now have your iPhone 3G jailbroken on iOS 4.0.2.
Download iOS 4.0.2 For iPhone 3G
Download Redsn0w For Windows
Download Redsn0w For Mac
Disclaimer: Please follow this procedure at your own risk. AddictiveTips won’t be held responsible if this method incurs any permanent or non-permanent damage to your device.