Finally there is some great news for iPhone 3GS owners who were looking to restore and jailbreak iOS 4.1 Beta on their handsets. iH8sn0w has released Sn0wBreeze Ver 1.8 which will jailbreak your iPhone 3GS and update your phone to iOS 4.1 Beta.
This jailbreak requires you to have an iPhone 3GS previously jailbroken on iOS 4.0. iH8Sn0w also clearly warns that this release is meant for developers only. So, if you are a regular user, then it is advised to wait for the final release of Sn0wBreeze Ver 1.8.
- The first step is to make sure that your iPhone 3GS is previously jailbroken on iOS 4.0.
- Download Sn0wBreeze Ver 1.8 Beta 1 and iOS 4.1 Beta and save them on your desktop [ Or wherever your prefer].
- Launch Sn0wBreeze and Click OK on the disclaimer to proceed to the next screen.
- Now press the blue button at the bottom of the Introduction screen for Sn0wbreeze and select “Expert” Mode.
- Now press the blue next button and on the resulting screen, press Browse and point to the iOS 4.1 IPSW file.
- Now wait for the tool to process your selected IPSW file. After the processing is finished, click I Understand tab on the phone identification screen.
- After this select “General” on the resulting screen and select Activate, in case you want to carrier unlock your iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.1 beta. You can select other options as per your desire.
- After you have made the selection(s) on General screen, press Next. now select Cydia if it is not green check-marked already.
- Now select Build IPSW on the resulting screen and wait for Sn0wBreeze to process the build. After the process is complete, you will have a custom iOS 4.1 Beta IPSW file ready to restored on your iPhone 3GS.
- You can now restore this custom IPSW file on your iPhone 3GS using iTunes 9.2.
Download Sn0wBreeze 1.8 Beta 1
Disclaimer: Please make sure that you have ample hands-on experience before trying your hands on this one. AddictiveTips won’t be liable for any damages that may incur to your device following this process.