No matter how rich you are, it always hurts to brick your smartphone. You are sure to have a special kind of bond with your phone as it is with you almost all day. Many of us today live by our phone. It is not at all a good feeling if you feel like you have killed your friend with your own hands, and that’s how you feel if you somehow brick your device. Samsung Omnia 7 is a pretty decent Windows Phone 7 device with a knack of hooking new users to it. If you are an owner of this classy pone, but unfortunately it has been bricked, them don’t think there is no way out. Read on.
Before you pursue this guide any further, read this tip and make sure that the “bricking” is not a false alarm. If that doesn’t help, still don’t panic. Here are the steps that might just salvage your phone.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- OK, your phone is bricked, but it should not be so bricked that it can’t even go into download mode! To check if the device is capable of doing that, remove and reinsert the battery, and switch the phone on by simultaneously holding power, volume up and camera buttons. When it turns on let go of the power button. If there is a an icon saying “Download mode” on your screen, you are okay to proceed.
- Go to these links and download all these files to your PC.
Download How To Flash
Download Samsung Drivers
Download I8700 Downloader
- Your Omnia 7 must not be connected to the PC until this guide directs you to do it.
- One by one unzip all the files you have just downloaded. Wherever asked for a password, enter samfirmware.com
- Proceed installation of all the unzipped components to your PC.
- Once the installations are complete, go to Samsung WP7 Flash and run it.
- Without turning the device on, boot it up in download mode as told in step 1 of the requirements.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable.
- Drag the files you unzipped from the zip file containing Omnia 7’s firmware to the Flash application currently running on your PC.
- Click the start button in the program, and let the Flasher work its magic without doing anything.
- After about 20 minutes, the phone will show it’s welcome screen and you will have your precious Omnia 7 up and running again.