Earlier we covered a guide on how to gain S-Off on the HTC Sensation 4G via Revolutionary. That tool is supposed to install the ClockworkMod recovery as well, but there have been reports that the recovery does not get installed in some instances. However there is a manual method in place for moments like these to ensure that you have no problem in customizing your phone the way its meant to be. XDA-Developers forum member ikhzter has put up a nifty little guide and provided us with the ClockworkMod recovery 4 image in a zip flashable file to install on the Sensation 4G with ease.
Those of you wondering what ClockworkMod recovery can do for you should know that Custom recoveries allow you to flash unsigned files based on .zip packages and flash custom ROMs very easily. You have the option to backup your entire ROM as it is, as a complete image so that you can revert back to it incase something goes wrong with a new ROM, or after installing a mod messing your device up. These are some of the core uses and features of a custom recovery. Further options vary from recovery to recovery. Additionally you can check out our guide on what is ClockworkMod recovery for Android and how to use it.
So if you wish to prepare your phone for future custom ROM’s and mods that should hopefully follow soon, here’s what you need.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- An HTC Sensation 4G with S-Off. See our guide on gaining S-Off on the Sensation 4G.
- ClockworkMod 18.104.22.168. (Mirror)
- To begin download the recovery from the link above and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Reboot your device into bootloader mode.
- Once in bootloader the phone will automatically detect the new file and would ask you if you wish to start the update. Press the Volume up key to accept.
- Once the file is flashed, simply reboot your phone.
- Once booted, remove the file from the SD card or rename it something else, otherwise everytime you try to go into bootloader the phone will prompt you to install that file.
That’s it! You should now have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your Sensation 4G. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.