The latest MIUI 1.7.22 ROM based on Android 2.3.4 for the Nook Color tablet has ben released. While the Nook color has not received much attention in the form of custom ROMs, the fact that the device is being supported by MIUI cannot be discounted. The Nook Color does have the CM7 ROM on its table, but with MIUI as a choice, users who prefer a more elegant and bold user interface can finally have their way. This MIUI 1.7.22 ROM comes straight from the developers at MIUI.US and contains all the goodies that MIUI ROMs contain.
If you’re not familiar with MIUI ROMs, you should see our guide on what is MIUI for Android. Apparently the ROM should work fine with no functionality broken. For a complete list of features check out the
official changelog (not available for older versions anymore).
If you wish to get this ROM up and running on your Nook Color, here’s how you can do that.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nook Color with ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on rooting the Nook Color and installing ClockworkMod recovery to it.
MIUI 1.7.22 ROMGet MIUI 2.4.6 instead.
- To begin, download the ROM and Patch, and copy them to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes. Once it’s installed, flash the Patch as well using the same method used in Step 4.
- Once the ROM and Patch are installed, simply reboot your device.
That’s it, your device should now boot into the latest MIUI ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at MIUI.US.