MIUI 1.7.8 has arrived for the Nook Color thanks to XDA-Developers forum member andmer, and knowing how awesome MIUI actually is, Nook Color owners must be pretty excited. Nook Color is a versatile device that has not received much attention in the form of custom ROMs, but it did receive one of the best custom ROM’s out there, CyanogenMod 7. With the addition of MIUI, Nook Color owners have an option to choose between two of the best AOSP based ROMs around.
MIUI 1.7.8 is based on Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread and is the latest MIUI release as of right now. However, please do note that this is not officially supported by the MIUI Dev team and is only a port to the Nook Color. For those of you unfamiliar with what MIUI ROMs are all about, see our guide on what is MIUI ROM for Android.
As for the bugs, according to the developer, there are none so far, but he doesn’t claim that there wil be none. Now that you know what you’re dealing with, let’s get this ROM up and running on your Nook Color.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- A rooted Nook Color with ClockworkMod recovery installed. See our guide on rooting the Nook Color and installing ClockworkMod recovery to it.
- MIUI 1.7.8 ROM.
- To begin, download the ROM and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Now reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvick cache.
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and select the ROM copied to your SD card.
- Once the ROM is chosen, it will be flashed to the device and will take a few minutes. Once it’s installed, simply reboot your device.
That’s it! Your Nook Color should now boot into the new MIUI ROM. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.