The official Gingerbread for the Samsung Captivate has been leaked and is ready for download. With a build date of June 8, 2011, the ROM has been upped by Samfirmware for downloading. Needless to say, it is based on Android 2.3.3. Read on to download and install this ROM!
So if you’re not a fan of custom ROMs, but want the latest firmware Captivate, this ROM is meant for you. While this ROM may not appeal to avid android users, it however does give developers a chance to develop on and to improve it with further customizations. For now, feel free to mess around with this tailor made, stock Gingerbread ROM.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- Android 2.3.3 KF1 ROM. (password for extraction is samfirmware.com)
- Samsung USB drivers installed. Download USB drivers for 32 bit Windows | 64 bit Windows.
- ODIN installed on your system.
- To begin, download the firmware from the link above and extract it.
- Put your phone into download mode by holding down the Volume Down key and pressing the Power button.
- Run ODIN and click on PIT to choose Kepler_odin_new_part_JE3_S1JE4.pit from the folder where you extracted the ROM. Make sure Re-partition is checked.
- Click on PDA and choose CODE_I897UCKF1_CL273832_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 when prompted.
- Click on Phone and select MODEM_I897UCKF1_CL1017518_REV02.tar.md5.
- Lastly click on CSC and select SGH-I897-CSC-ATTKF1.tar.md5.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer via USB and once you see the device connected in ODIN, hit the Start button.
- ODIN will start flashing the ROM, and once done, your phone will reboot. You can unplug the phone from your computer.
That was it, if you did it right, the phone should now boot into the new Android 2.3.3 based firmware. For updates and queries, visit the forum thread at XDA-Developers.