Tablet computing has been on the rise lately and amongst the dozens of tablet devices on the market running the Android operating system, Viewsonic G Tablet has gained quite a fan following. If you own one of these tablets, you can now install ClockworkMod recovery on it that roots it and lets you perform a vast range of recovery operations not possible from the stock recovery.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
We have featured ClockworkMod recovery on numerous occasions before. In case you are not familiar with it, it is a custom Android recovery that lets you install ROMs and apps to your device from zip files, perform and restore backups, wipe data (factory reset), wipe cache and perform several other recovery operations on your Android device.
To install ClockworkMod recovery on your Viewsonic G Tablet:
- Backup any data from your device that you may need later.
- Download ClockworkMod recovery from the link given below.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded file to your computer and copy the ‘recovery’ folder as well as the ‘update.zip’ file to the INTERNAL memory of your tablet.
- Turn your tablet off and reboot it into stock recovery by pressing the ‘Power’ button while keeping the ‘Volume Up’ button pressed.
- Navigate to ‘apply update.zip using the volume buttons and press the ‘Home’ button.
- Wait patiently while ClockworkMod recovery is installed to your tablet. This will also automatically root your tablet.
- Reboot into Android from recovery.
That’s it – you now have ClockworkMod recovery installed on your ViewSonic G Tablet and your device has been rooted as well. Why stop just at the recovery? Why not unleash the full potential of your tablet by installing our favorite custom Android ROM CyanogenMod on it? If you are ready to ditch the stock Android installation and install CyanogenMod on your device, head over to our guide on how to install CM 6.1 on G Tablet. Happy tablet computing!