The LG Apex was surely a powerhouse of an Android device in it’s time, with it’s impressive resolution of 480×800 pixels, a 600mhz CPU and 256Mb RAM. It’s been more then a year since the device was launched, yet there are still people out there who have not yet rooted their devices. For those looking to give this phone one last shot at reviving itself and unleashing it’s true potential – which is capped on a stock ROM – by rooting the device, you can do so, in no time at all. No ADB, no command prompt or terminal, just a simple one click root, that barely involves the use of your PC.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. AddictiveTips will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
- To begin, connect your phone to the PC in and copy the APK file to your devices storage.
- Disconnect the device from the PC and make sure Unknown Sources is checked in Settings > Applications.
- Also make sure USB Debugging is checked in Settings > Applications > Development.
- Using any file manager, install the z4root app on your device.
- Once installed, run the app and hit Temporary Root or Permanent Root depending on your choice.
- Let the app work it’s magic and your device should be rooted in no time!